Green Lighting Ltd. has manufactured lighting for over a decade. Our clients comprise of local, regional and national builders across the UK. Our products meet UK building regulations and the demands set out by “Secure by Design” and “The Code for Sustainable Homes”.
At Green Lighting Ltd. we believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water and waste generation, and seek to minimise this as far as is reasonably practicable.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
At Green Lighting Ltd. our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Set environmental objectives and publish them in the company’s promotional literature.
- Work towards certification and obtain accreditation under ISO14001:2004
For any issues related to Environmental Policy linked to this business please contact:
Human Resource Manager