An excellent opportunity has arisen to become a part of the award winning, Green Lighting Team with their new venture, The Office Canteen. We require a catering assistant to work cohesively with our locally renowned chef, Richard Evans.
Working under the supervision of the Catering Manager, this role includes, responsibility for hygiene and cleanliness within food preparation areas. Carrying out basic food preparation tasks, such as washing and peeling food. Organise the store room, as well as being responsible for unloading deliveries from suppliers. Cleaning and cutting up meat, fish and vegetables, as well as operating machinery. It is important that you are good at communicating, with customers and co-workers. You will operate as part of a team, and work alongside chefs, waitresses, and the catering managers. Hours can vary, and shifts may be part time or full time. Maybe some weekends, and evenings and on occasion a public holidays. We are a committed equal opportunities employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent food, safety and hygiene skills
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.
- Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
- Helping the chef get ready for service by preparing food.
- Catering assistants may be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Helping to serve meals to customers.
- Stamina and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- An interest in food and catering.
- Maintain a high standard of personal and working hygiene within the allocated working areas as required by the food hygiene regulations 1970, the food safety act 1990 and the food safety ( general food hygiene regulations ) 1995.
Salary negotiable dependant on experience.
Please email our Human Resources Manager, Jane Oakes: email@example.com with your CV or for more information call 01905 610200.
Or post your CV in to our Head Office: FAO Jane Oakes, Green Lighting Ltd, Unit 18 Great Western Business Park, McKenzie Way, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR4 9GN.