Green Lighting Ltd. is a designer, manufacturer and importer of lighting for industrial and domestic use, based in Worcester. We are a forwarding moving global enterprise, that develops and supplies to major house developers within the UK, Asia and Australia. An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join Green Lighting Ltd., a Queen’s Award winning company. Due to continued expansion of the organisation we are looking to a recruit an experienced WAREHOUSE LOGISTICS OPERATIVE/ DELIVERY DRIVER to join our successful team. As an accredited member of Investors In People, winner of the inaugural Princess Royal Training Award and in the list of Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers in the UK, the right person is guaranteed a progressive career with opportunities for promotion and diversification in the company.
Principal Purpose: To provide accurate and prompt picking, packing and dispatch of orders. The job also includes carrying out the soldering production of LED kits. Arranging and carrying out delivery and collection of items, checking on products to be ordered, stock checking, booking in of goods received from suppliers and organising returns to suppliers. A key purpose of the role is to provide great service to our customers by delivering orders promptly and efficiently. You are very much the face of Green Lighting Ltd. to our customers and your friendly service will promote our reputation. It would also be advantageous for candidates to have the following personal traits:
- Bright and enthusiastic.
- A confident communicator.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent time keeping skills and attention to detail.
- A desire to forge a career.
- Full clean driving license.
- Due to insurance must be over 21.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Monday-Friday 08.30 – 4.30 with a 30 min lunch break*.
- This is for full time employment after a 3 month trial.
- Rate of pay is negotiable based on experience.
- Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods.
- Loading and delivering our products to various locations throughout the country.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type and also acceptable quality.
- Packaging and labelling products before they are dispatched.
- Helping to ship out goods every day.
- Picking and packing products.
- Selecting space for storage and arranging for goods to be placed in the designated areas.
- Making sure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Loading and unloading lorries, vans and other vehicles.
- Labelling goods that have arrived at the warehouse.
- Moving and organising stock.
- Ensuring a clean and safe warehouse.
- Storing stock away safely.
- Using Mechanical Handling Equipment (fork lift)
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Moving items through the warehouse from receipt to dispatch to customers.
- Accurately updating all data into computer and manual recording systems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Proactively continue with professional development
- Any other duties deemed as a reasonable request
* May vary due to the driving role
Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting of 30-40 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders; usage of pallet jacks. The role includes loading and delivering our products to various locations throughout the country.
- Your holiday entitlement is 28 days per annum (January to December) pro rata, minus periods of shut down including 4 days for bank holidays.
- Your hours of work are 37 ½ hours per week, including a ½ an hour as a lunch break. Hours of work may vary but standard hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 to 4.30. It may be necessary on occasions to work outside these hours but this will be discussed with your line manager.
- Entry after probation to the company performance bonus scheme.
- Enrolment on suitable CPD courses.
- Promotional opportunities dependant on skills set.
Promotional opportunities dependant on skills set.
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter by email or post to:
General Manager of Operations
Green Lighting Ltd.
Unit 18, Great Western Business Park
If you require further information about this vacancy then don’t hesitate to contact Matt Harwood by phone on 01905 610200 or via email on email@example.com